This collection of MIT Theses in DSpace contains selected theses and dissertations from all MIT departments. Please note that this is NOT a complete collection of MIT theses. To search all MIT theses, use MIT Libraries' catalog.
MIT's DSpace contains more than 58,000 theses completed at MIT dating as far back as the mid 1800's. Theses in this collection have been scanned by the MIT Libraries or submitted in electronic format by thesis authors. Since 2004 all new Masters and Ph.D. theses are scanned and added to this collection after degrees are awarded.
MIT Theses are openly available to all readers. Please share how this access affects or benefits you. Your story matters.
If you are a recent MIT graduate, your thesis will be added to DSpace within 3-6 months after your graduation date. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
MIT Theses may be protected by copyright. Please refer to the MIT Libraries Permissions Policy for permission information. Note that the copyright holder for most MIT theses is identified on the title page of the thesis.
Theses by Department
- Comparative Media Studies
- Computation for Design and Optimization
- Computational and Systems Biology
- Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Department of Architecture
- Department of Biological Engineering
- Department of Biology
- Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences
- Department of Economics
- Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences
- Department of Humanities
- Department of Linguistics and Philosophy
- Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Nuclear Science and Engineering
- Department of Ocean Engineering
- Department of Physics
- Department of Political Science
- Department of Urban Studies and Planning
- Engineering Systems Division
- Harvard-MIT Program of Health Sciences and Technology
- Institute for Data, Systems, and Society
- Media Arts & Sciences
- Operations Research Center
- Program in Real Estate Development
- Program in Writing and Humanistic Studies
- Science, Technology & Society
- Science Writing
- Sloan School of Management
- Supply Chain Management
- System Design & Management
- Technology and Policy Program
Collections in this community
(Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2022-05)Tool development for neuroscience has allowed us to study brain function and structure with great detail. However, as all technologies have limitations, we are yet far from fully deciphering brain dynamics and its relationship ...
Understanding the Differential Effects of Dexamethasone on the Metabolism of Healthy and Diseased Articular Cartilage (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2022-05)The glucocorticoid drug Dexamethasone (Dex) has been proposed as a potential therapeutic to treat or prevent post-traumatic osteoarthritis (PTOA), a disease affecting millions of Americans without a disease-modifying drug. ...
Integrated computational and experimental analysis of non-neuronal cell molecular mechanisms contributing to Alzheimer's disease progression (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2022-05)Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is the most common form of dementia, characterized by symptoms such as memory loss and language disruption. Amyloid beta-containing plaques and hyperphosphorylated tau-containing neurofibrillary ...